Monday, July 11, 2011

BACHELORETTE party

Last Saturday, my sister and friends threw me an AWESOME bachelorette party. The whole night of fun was in Newport and it seriously was a blast from the beginning to the end!

All the ladies met up at my parents' house and then (after a few cute pictures) we headed to Newport to catch the Newport Dinner Train. That night, the train was putting on a broadway revue show for their guests. They sang songs from musicals such as Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar, and the Sound of Music. Let's just say it was ... pure CHEESY! The singers weren't professional enough for it to be an awesome show, so instead, we enjoyed chuckling to ourselves at the ridiculousness of it all and singing along to the best songs. At one point, I even got called up to help the singer dance to the number "Dancing Queen" from Mamma Mia. The whole train was clapping and cheering for me. I hammed it up big time and a few guests told me I stole the show!

From there, I knew we had to go to karaoke next. So I suggested it and when you're the bachelorette... ask and you shall receive! We headed to a bar we found online (searching on the train) called Jimmy's Saloon. It was basically empty when we got there which was great because we got the stage first! I started with a little Alanis Morrisette and nailed it. I love karaoking that song. I also did "Oops! I Did It Again" by B. Spears and dedicated to my hubby-to-be. Obvi I was aiming for ridiculous/hilarious. Then the ladies also did other songs like, "It's Raining Men," "My Humps," "Love Shack," and "No Scrubs." Lauren and I ended the evening by singing, "White Trash Wedding" by the Dixie Chicks. Very appropriately hilarious, if I do say so myself.

We seriously all just had a fab time being goof-balls, enjoying the people watching, dancing and singing the evening away. It was perfect and I'm so thankful to my sister for putting it all together for me... and to my great friends/family for partying with me too! And I must throw this out there... probably the best part of the evening was watching the REALLY awkward loner at the bar (the one who sat alone the whole time and got up every once in a while to karaoke some random rap songs) get up to dance to a Rhianna song, shaking his little booty and gyrating his hips faster than I've ever seen. Good thing Sarah got video. We'll remember that forever.

Thank you so much ladies! You made the night better than I could have ever imagined.

Here are some pics of the fun/happy/silliness:

All the ladies, ready to head out to Newport

Dancing on the train to Dancing Queen
It was very tricky to pull off, with the train moving and all!

This one's hard to see, but we're all posing in front of the Newport Dinner Train.

The ladies singing "It's Raining Men"... getting the crowd pumped!
Dancing to "SHOUT!" The guy in the plaid was AWESOME
at karaoke. Great voice. Fun dancing :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment