Monday, March 14, 2011

Bridal Showers bring July Weddings

My mom and sister surprised me with a bridal shower yesterday! 


I arrived in RI on Saturday, planning on spending a week wedding planning during my school's spring break. I was already aware that the bridal shower would be happing this week, because it's the last time I'm going to be in RI before the schwedding, but as far as when the shower would be happening this week, I had no idea. 


As my parents pulled into their driveway, I noticed a blue Honda from ME parked in front of the house... and instantly knew Emily was here! I was so excited, I hardly let the car come to a complete stop before jumping out to see her. I ran into the house, gave her big hugs, and started getting more excited about the shower. If Emmy (bridesmaid) was in town to visit, I knew the shower was probably going to be the next day.


Well, the next morning, my mom told me to put on the nice dress that I packed, and two more of my bridesmaids showed up... first Justine, then Kate. I was so excited to have some of my girls together! And I definitely knew what was going on. We left the house and Kate blindfolded me in the car! She and my mom figured there had to be some sort of surprise to the day (since I already knew the shower was happening). But their plan was foiled by my great sense of direction! Even with Kate driving around in a circle at one point, I knew exactly where we were the whole car ride. 


When they took the blindfold off, I was standing in the Remington House Inn, in front of all my loving female friends and family. After walking around the room to hug everyone, Lauren gave a wonderful mimosa toast (I teared up a little bit!) and the eating began! Then, gifts! Then, cake!


All in all, it was a lovely afternoon. It was so great to be surrounded by family and friends, who were so excited for me and more than generous with their gifts. And to have almost all my bridesmaids (missed you Kathleen!) in the same place for the first time, now I'm even more excited for the wedding!


Here are some of my favorite pictures from the bridal shower...

They blindfolded me!
Ready to remove the blindfold


My cousins and aunts waiting to say SURPRISE!


SURPRISE!

Lauren giving her toast

Trying to be cute

A fake gift! My Aunt and cousin sent me these plates from
Crate & Barrel in the mail (to help me avoid shipping costs).
In order that I had a gift to open from them at the shower,
they printed the pattern of the plates and pasted it onto paper
plates. It was so confused, then greatly impressed by creativity :)

My bridesmaids told me each ribbon I broke represented a
baby for John and me. We're making silly faces because I
thought I had just broken a ribbon!

Bride robe :)

Trying on my new lingerie 

Matt, my photographer and brother

Memere (my grandmother) and Lauren (sister and MOH)

Justine and Emily - bridesmaids extraordinaire :)

The bride &  bridesmaids :)

Thanks to Lau and Mom for a great shower! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment